Now that summer is halfway done I figured it was a great time to update the wreath on our front door. So irritating how life and jobs get in the way of crafting, ugh. I can’t even swallow that we’re halfway through summer already, I’m not ready to deal with back to school yet. And like the sand in an hour glass; these are the days of our lives. Sorry, just had to throw that out there.
Anyways, back to the wreath here. Who loves hydrangea’s? This girl right here. If I could get them to bloom year round I would do it, but I don’t normally have much luck with plants over the winter. Everything I bring in manages to sloooowly fade away. It’s weird really.
For this project I used:
- 3 fake hydrangea’s
- Burlap ribbon
- An R monogram that I picked up from the $1 bin at Michael’s ages ago – The “R” is for Russell, our family name
- Floral wire – which I didn’t actually end up using.
- Grapevine wreath
- Hot glue gun
- Remove the leaves from the stem of the flowers and set aside. Using tin cutters, cut your stem down to 1 1/2″ from the base of your flower.
- Cut two lengths of burlap, long enough to wrap a couple of times around your wreath. Make sure your edge is at the back so you can glue it down.
- Place your flowers on your wreath where you want them to sit. Don’t be afraid to play around with formation until you find one you like.
- Take your burlap and wrap one piece at the top of where your flowers are and do that same at the bottom. Secure both the burlap and flowers in place with the hot glue.
- Take a couple of the leaves you removed in the beginning and place around the flowers until you are satisfied with the overall look.
- Take your monogram and place in on the wreath in the position you want it so sit. Once done, secure with glue.
Now you’re ready to hang it!