What better way to wake up on the first day of Spring but to be greeted by snow? Kidding, there was a pit in my stomach when I saw it but it’s just a skiff compared to what everyone out East is getting! Aaaaaand the melting factor is very high right now, I’m predicting little to no snow by bedtime. Cross your fingers.
Even though the snow screams winter forever, our front door screams HAPPY SPRING!!! Or Welcome, take your pick.
Now that’s enough to put anyone in a good mood!
To make your own all you need is:
- Foam Wreath – any size you want
- baker’s twine
- Glue gun & Glue sticks
- Fabric Flowers – see the tutorial HERE
1. Wrap your burlap around your wreath form, adding a dot glue on the backside every few inches to keep the burlap in place. When you get to the end glue the edge down on the backside as well and cut it needed. Set the wreath aside.
2. Take your letters and decide what you want your message to say. I settled on a simple ‘Welcome’. Take the bakers twine and cut to the size you need and lay it out. Use a bead of hot glue behind each letter and place your bakers twine on top. I glued my towards the top of the letter to that the letters hung down nicely.
3. Decide where you want your banner to sit on your wreath and glue each end down.
4. Take your fabric flowers and place to your liking around the wreath. Once you’ve decided on an arrangement, glue them down.
5. To hang, cut a smaller piece of bakers twine and knot in a loop. Glue it centered on the top of the back of the wreath and let it dry.
Hang your wreath and enjoy!
Here are some more great inspirations to create your own spring time wreath!
If you’re having trouble making your own or just don’t have the time, check out Etsy! There are a ton of different kinds to choose at reasonable prices. Happy Spring!